47. From Knossos to Chania, Crete (2019)

2019 seems like a lifetime ago, Crete was a highlight of the pre-pandemic year. Crete hosted an international conference on City Planning and Design, my last academic conference. I took my partner and 6-month (at the time) son. It was a crazy trip, my first international trip as a father. I still receive Christmas cards from a man I met on that trip, not sure if remember us as the crazy family travelling to the end of the world or the keen architect on his last grasp of grandiosity before realising the balance of power was to shift to other younger people at home!

Anticlockwise from top:
Some of the images here depicted include the old Venetian port and lighthouse in Xania, also the palace of Knossos, an abonded concrete structure which I found quite poignant and interesting (nearly cosmological), and finally a most beautiful restaurant with chairs and tables on a rock by a beach front in Chania (or Xania), Crete, Greece. 

A return to Grecia is a must! 

Best,
Guillermo Aranda-Mena Ⓒ2023 

Comments